Missing Filipino food? Watch this short video to see how to make Chicken and Pork Adobo! Cook this tasty dish for your non-Filipino friends. It’s been rumored to be Jennifer Lopez’s favorite dish from her ex-husband, Cris Judd, a half-Filipino!
- 1 kilo pork liempo (pork belly or pork shoulder), cut into 2-inch cubes
- 1 whole chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 1/2 tablespoon cracked black peppercorn
- 1 piece onion chopped
- 6 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup of vinegar
- 1/4 cup of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 2 cups water
- 3 bay leaves
- Heat a large non-stick skillet / pot or work over medium heat.
- Combine soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, sugar, pepper, and bay leaves in wok or pot.
- Add water, pork and chicken, and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, cover pot and simmer to a lower medium heat until chicken is cooked, about 45 minutes.
- Remove chicken, set aside, and continue simmering until pork is tender, about 30 minutes.
- Return the chicken in the pot. Add onion and stir to mix well. Cover pot and leave for another 1-2 minutes to cook onion.
- Serve with rice.