Learn how to make a Filipino Favorite: Beefsteak Tagalog in just a few minutes! Ingredients and directions are provided below the video. Don’t forget to share and subscribe to learn more Filipino recipes and dishes!
- 1/2 beef sirloin or tenderloin, sliced ¼ inch thin
- 8 tbsp calamansi or lemon juice
- ½ cup of soy sauce
- 1 tbsp fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- 3 large onion cut into rings
- 3 tablespoon olive oil or canola
- Pound beef slices to flatten meat. In a mixing bowl, combine soy sauce, calamansi / lemon juice, and pepper. Place beef slices in marinade for at least 1 hour.
- Heat cooking oil in the pan, then stir-fry the onion rings until translucent. Set aside.
- Put the marinated beef (without the marinade) in the same pan where the onions were fried and saute until color turns brown. Set aside.
- Put in the garlic, then sauté for a few minutes.
- Pour the marinade, and bring to a boil.
- Put in the fried beef and simmer for 10-20 minutes or until meat is tender.
- Add water as needed.
- Add the stir fried onion rings and salt to taste.