Writer/Researcher: Keina Rae Sabay
As a seafarer, you will encounter so many application processes and documentary requirements in your whole career. Submitting requirements can be a chore, especially if you live in the province. YES, MARINA is already implementing the Seafarer Certification System (SCS) which allows submission of documents online. This means you don’t have to brave long lines every time you need to submit documents to MARINA.
What is the Marina Seafarers Certification System (SCS)?
MARINA STCW Office developed the Seafarers Certification System (SCS) to provide an online system for the processing of seafaring papers. This is a centralized system that can be accessed by seafarers, METIs (Maritime Education and Training Institutes), medical clinics, manning agencies, and instructors/assessors. Having an online system makes it easier for everyone in the industry to monitor and process applications of seafarers.
Registration is free, and can easily be done on a computer with internet connection.
Before you can upload your documentary requirements, you have to create an online account and secure your Seafarer’s Registration Number (SRN). Here’s how:
- Go to marinascsph.com.
- On the menu on the left side of the page, click Seafarers.
- On the registration page, input your Seafarer’s Identification and Record Book (SIRB) number and date of birth. Click Check Data.
- Enter your personal information. Please make sure that all details are correct before clicking Submit Registration.
- Click on the activation link, then enter the provided activation code. Click
- Your account is now activated, and you may now log in on the SCS page.
How to upload documents
Once you already have an activated account, you can start uploading your documents. Here’s how:
- Scan or take a clear picture of the document/s you are going to upload.
- Click on the Documents
- If you click on the drop down arrow, you will see a list of required documents. Select the type of document you wish to upload.
- Click Choose File and on the dialog box, locate and click on the file of the document you are uploading. Click the Upload button to upload your picture.
- Repeat the process to upload more documents.
- Birth Certificate
- Certificate of Sea Service
- Seafarer’s Identification and Record Book (SIRB)
- Training Record Book
- Medical Certificate
- NBI Clearance
For a complete list of documentary requirements, please go to http://marinaappointment.com/marina/